About the event
Socitm Scotland 2019
Becoming Digital by Default: Trust, Confidence, and Collaboration
Our highly interactive 2019 conference will examine how to build trust, confidence, and a collaborative approach into our digital transformation projects.
You'll be able to network with colleagues from across the public sector, sharing insights on how to create the right environment for digital transformation, and discussing possible solutions to the challenges you face.
Key topics for discussion include:
- The Scottish Government's role in creating the right environment for digital transformation
- How to empower staff to engender a culture of innovation
- Citizen centricity service re-design
- Cross-sector collaboration
- International perspectives on digital transformation
Why you should attend:
- Understand how to foster a culture of trust, confidence, and collaboration, allowing you to harness the potential of digital technologies
- Gain insights into the successes, challenges, and lessons learned from good practice case studies across the Scottish public sector and beyond
- Examine, debate, and define the future of digital services across the public sector
- Discuss with colleagues and experts about how digital leadership can become reality in your organisation
- Network and exchange knowledge with ICT and digital professionals from across Scotland’s public sector
Who should attend?
The SOCITM Scotland Annual Conference is open to all SOCITM Scotland members but in the spirit of the kind of public sector collaboration that underpins this event and SOCITM’s work throughout the year, we welcome digital and ICT professionals from across the public sector to join us. Typical job titles include:
- Head of IT
- Head of Information Management/Services
- Head of Infrastructure
- Director of Finance & Corporate Services
- Head of IM&T
- Business Intelligence Manager
- Head of Information Services
- Digital Manager
- Joining Socitm connects you to a community of professionals who enjoy a wide range of shared interests and common objectives and who are committed to supporting and enabling the efficient delivery of citizen-focused public services.
- Members include leaders and managers in the design and delivery of digital and IT-enabled services for public benefit.
- There are a range of membership categories and options that will fit with specific career and organisational objectives, as well as specific opportunities for personal and professional development.
- To find out more about becoming a Socitm member, please click here.
26 November 2019